We’ve already shared Aunt Alisa’s traditional cream gravy that she calls her “2-2-2 Gravy,” but Nana wanted an alternative. You can serve them on the exact same dishes, but Nana especially enjoys this creamy garlic sauce/gravy on her brined pork chops. Let us know how you enjoy it with your family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Add butter and olive oil to the skillet.
- Once butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for about one minute.
- Whisk the flour into the oil making a quick roux.
- Add the chicken broth. Stir and let cook for about a minute or until it has thickened.
- Now it is time to add the cream and garlic powder. Whisk until the garlic powder is dissolved.
- Serve warm.