When Nana smells green chilis roasting, she wants to make this recipe. It is a quick go-to for Nana. She’ll even make it for lunch when she’s especially excited about the chilis she’s picked that day, because you get the full taste of the chili. Nana prefers a mild pepper, but use whatever pepper your family likes. If she wants the peppers to go farther, she’ll put browned hamburger meat on top before sprinkling the cheese.
- 4 large roasted, skinned, and deseeded green chilis
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Julio’s Seasoning
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Split roasted peppers lengthwise.
- Lay peppers, smooth side down, on prepared cookie sheet then sprinkle with Julio’s and then the cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.”