It is summertime. That means time for homemade ice cream and a backyard barbeque, right? Well, if you have ice cream, you need warm brownies. There are plenty of boxes to purchase, but how much better is it to make your own. Then you can add chocolate chips, caramel, and other add-ons to make a brownie just like you and your family want.
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine sugar, cocoa, and butter and mix well.
- Add eggs stirring well.
- Sift flour and salt together, then add to cocoa mixture making sure to mix well.
- Stir in vanilla, nuts, or whatever mix-ins you want.
- Pour into a greased 9×13.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.