Nana’s mom loved making this snack for her when she was younger. She would always say, “Eat this. It’s good for you, because it’s made with Special K.” Nana would just smile and enjoy the snack.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- pinch of salt
- 7 cups of Special K
- In a heavy saucepan, mix the first five ingredients. (Nana uses an old aluminum pot.)
- Heat over medium heat just until you see the first bubbles before a boil. This is mainly to dissolve the sugar.
- Empty the premeasured Special K into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over Special K then mix with a large spoon to distribute throughout.
- Place coated Special K in a 9×13 pan and press lightly with your hands until evenly spread out.
- Let cool completely. Then cut into bars.