Nana loves eating quiche, and of course, she loves making them. She’s tried many combinations, but this is one of her favorites. You’ll also see her putting bacon and breakfast sausage with cheddar cheese as well as mixing ham and green onions. She often makes it with a delicious homemade pie crust, but you’ll catch her just pouring it into a greased 8×8 casserole dish with no crust from time to time.
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach, packed
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 – 9-inch pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan and blind bake.
- Beat your eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender.
- Layer the spinach, bacon, mushrooms, and cheese in the pie crust.
- Pour the egg mixture on top and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.