Ingredients for 2 Crusts
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 beaten egg
- Cut butter and shortening into flour and salt mixture until crumbly. Mix liquids and add all at once. Mix until dough sticks together.
- Divide dough into 2 equal sections and form into balls. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour to 3 days.
- Roll onto floured surface and place each half onto a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes or until just brown.
- Fill with recipe of your choice.