This is a refreshing summer side that we usually serve with corn chips. When making it this year, it seemed especially delightful, because we had grown the corn, tomatoes, onions, and jalapeno in our small garden. We tried to get measurements while watching Nana cook, but, as always, let us know what changes you and your family like.
- 1 – 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 – 15-ounce black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ of a medium onion, diced
- 1 diced jalapeno
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- After dicing to preferred size, add vegetables to a bowl. You may also prefer differing amounts of each ingredient.
- Add the seasoning and olive oil then mix until well coated.