This delicious recipe came to us from a family member that caters large wedding receptions. Nana has converted it into smaller portions to work for a family meal. It is delicious on Aunt Alisa’s homemade French bread recipe served next to a pasta dish.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 loaf sliced French bread
- Combine softened butter and garlic powder, then spread onto each bread slice.
- Toast 1-2 minutes under the broiler until browned and toasty on top.
- Now spread a very thin layer of ricotta over the toasted bread.
- Mix mayonnaise, mozzarella, and Parmesan until smooth.
- Top the ricotta cheese with a thin layer of mayonnaise and cheese mixture.
- Place back under the broiler until cheese is melted and toasted.
If you put thick layers, the bread will become soggy.