We experimented this year by planting spinach in our spring garden, and God blessed us with a bountiful crop. Nana has used this recipe for years, and we’ve been fortunate enough to eat it more frequently lately so that we can enjoy the fresh spinach.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk (optional)
- 1 – 10-ounce package of baby spinach
- 4 ounces of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 3 boiled eggs
- green onions to taste
- black olives (optional)
- 4 ounces of white cheese (mozzarella, Parmesan, Monterey Jack, etc.)
- Mix all ingredients.
- You can adjust spices according to your taste.
- If dressing seems too thick, add up to 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Put spinach in a bowl. Pour dressing over spinach and toss.
- Top with remaining ingredients and toss only slightly so that your toppings don’t go to the bottom of bowl.