We have a joke that Nana can turn any leftovers into Ribeye steaks. Of course, she cannot, but she can disguise them pretty good. When serving this dip, it is often because she’s already served fresh pinto beans and then pureed them in the food processor to serve them as refried beans on the side. So when you see this dip, it may be the third time you’ve seen those same beans, but we don’t care!!
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can green chilies, chopped
- 3 avocadoes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Julio’s or your favorite seasoned salt
- 1 cup (or less) sour cream
- ½ cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup jalapeno
- ½ cup olives
- Mix green chilis with refried beans and heat in the microwave until just warm. Spread beans in the bottom of a 9×9-inch pan.
- Mash avocadoes and mix in the next three spices. Top the bean layer with avocado.
- Carefully spread sour cream on top of avocado layer.
- Sprinkle onion and tomato on sour cream, then the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with your favorite dipping chips.