What’s more exciting than chocolate chip cookies? Cookies made with M&Ms and cream cheese. Yes, you read that right. In this recipe, you add cream cheese with butter in the beginning. You also get to use brown sugar. This would be a fun recipe to do with the kids, because they taste as good as they look.
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain M&Ms (vary to taste)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (vary to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Cream your cream cheese, butter, and both sugars.
- Add and mix your egg and vanilla.
- Stir in your dry ingredients except for the chocolate.
- Gently fold in M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours before placing on cookie sheet. (This will help the cookies not look melted and thin after baking.)
- When ready scoop out dough onto prepared cookie sheet making sure to leave a space for the cookies to spread out.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. (Be careful not to overbake as they will firm up when cooling. As soon as the edges have set, and the tops are beginning to set, remove from the oven.)