When Nana serves carne guisada to everyone, we know that we’ll soon have another great treat: Pozole. The fun thing for Nana about soups and stews is that you can really add as much or as little of each ingredient depending on the preferences of who you are serving
- 1 – 15 ounce can of hominy
- 1 – 15 ounce can green enchilada sauce (Hatch are Nana’s favorite.)
- 1 – 15 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 – 4 ounce can green chilis
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- leftover carne guisada
- Add all of your ingredients to an appropriate size pot.
- Heat over medium heat until boiling point.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- If more liquid is needed, increase the amount of enchilada sauce and chicken broth to the consistency and taste you like.
- When serving, top each bowl of soup with cheese, sour cream, cilantro, corn chips, or any other of your favorites.