Due to the ease of growing and long shelf-life of spaghetti squash, we enjoy this squash. It can be used as a replacement for spaghetti noodles, or it is great in casseroles.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut spaghetti squash in half longwise and scrape out seeds. Brush with olive oil.
- Place cut side down on a cookie sheet and roast in a 400-degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes or until strands pull away from sides.
- Let cool until you can handle squash. Remove spaghetti squash strands with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients, toss, and serve.