This is another recipe passed down from Gran, Gigi’s mom. She loved making it for big gatherings but, like Nana and Gigi, didn’t serve it when there were many men around. Apparently, like Pa, many men don’t think this meal is hearty enough to fill them.
- 1 pound chicken breast or thighs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into stir-fry sized bites.
- In a medium mixing bowl with a lid, combine the rest of the ingredients (oil, soy sauce, honey, salt, and pepper) to make a marinade.
- Put cubed chicken in marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When done, stir fry the chicken on medium high heat in oil until done.
This recipe is often served as a make-your-own meal starting with crunchy (La Choy) chow mein noodles or Fritos. Then we stack rice, tomatoes, golden raisins, onions, pineapples, black olives. Then drizzle with a variety of sauces including homemade sweet & sour sauce and garlic Asian sauce. Use the toppings that you know your family will love, and have fun adding more if you want.
“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.”