We enjoy this winter squash as an addition to recipes such as alfredo, with other sauteed vegetables, or as a main ingredient in some dishes such as soup. Right now, we are sharing a simple way to roast a butternut squash, then you can decide how you want to eat it.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- brown sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut your butternut squash in half lengthwise and scrap out the seeds.
- Place cut side up on a cookie sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and brown sugar (optional).
- Roast for 45 minutes or until soft and fork-tender.
- Once cooled, scoop out the flesh, then mash.
Enjoy plain or added to your favorite recipe. This can be used like pumpkin or sweet potatoes to make a sweet or savory dish.