We’ve shared Gigi’s go-to cream cheese pound cake, and this recipe is the traditional taste that Nana remembers as a child. Unfortunately, or not, this is not the recipe from Nana’s mom, but it brought back fond memories of eating pound cake as a child. Does anyone else like to melt butter on top of their pound cake slice then spread it with a layer of their favorite jelly?
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 2 ¾ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 10-incn tube pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar well until light and fluffy.
- Add baking powder, salt, vanilla, and eggs one at a time while beating.
- Add sour cream, cornstarch, and flour. Mix just until combined.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After 15 minutes of cooling, turn out onto wire cooling rack until completely cooled.